Controls working on the development server but not on the production server
The controls are working perfectly on my development server, but they don't work on the production server. How can I solve this problem?
On the server,
If you are using IIS7
1. Open IIS Manager and click on your website.
2. On right side of the screen you can see 'Handler Mappings' in IIS group
3. Double Click on 'Handler Mappings'
4. Copy (into notepad for example) all values for .aspx extension.
5. Click "Add Script Map" button on top right side to add a new entry.
6. "Executable" field is the same as the path for .aspx extension
(example: For Asp.net 2.0 %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll
For Asp.net 4.0 %windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll).
7. "Request Path" field must be "*.axd".
8. Click on 'Request Restriction' button on this window
9. Uncheck "Invoke handler only if request is mapped to" in Mappings tab (important that it is unchecked).
10. Switch to Verbs tab, Verbs are limited to "GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG".
11. Switch to Access tab, select 'Script' and click OK
If you are using IIS6
1. Open IIS console and go into properties of your website.
2. Switch to "Home Directory" tab.
3. Click on "Configuration" button under "Application Settings".
4. In the new window go into "Mappings" tab.
5. Copy (into notepad for example) all values for .aspx extension.
6. Click "Add" button to add a new entry.
7. "Executable" field is the same as the path for .aspx extension
8. "Extension" field must be ".axd".
9. Verbs are limited to "GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG".
10. Uncheck "Verify that file exists" (important that it is unchecked).
Click OK on all open dialogs.
This should now reference web resource files correctly.